If you’re looking for a dairy-free and vegan alternative to traditional yogurt, look no further than this recipe for creamy coconut milk yogurt. Made with just a few simple ingredients and a probiotic culture, it’s a healthy and delicious option for those following a plant-based diet.
About Coconut Milk Yogurt
The Benefits of Coconut Milk Yogurt
Coconut milk is a nutritious base for this yogurt recipe, providing a rich and creamy texture. It’s also high in healthy fats, such as medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), that have been shown to improve heart health and aid in weight management. Additionally, the probiotics used in this recipe help to improve gut health, boosting your overall well-being.
Easy and Versatile Recipe
This recipe for coconut milk yogurt is incredibly easy to make, with just a few steps and ingredients. It can be customized with your favorite sweeteners and flavors, making it a versatile option for a variety of different dishes. Whether you enjoy it on its own, with granola, or as a topping for fruit, this yogurt is sure to satisfy your cravings for something creamy and delicious.
A Healthier Alternative
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to dairy-based yogurt, this creamy coconut milk yogurt is the perfect choice. With its plant-based ingredients and probiotic benefits, it’s a tasty and nutritious option that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. So why wait? Try this recipe today and enjoy a delicious and healthy vegan yogurt alternative.
Why You Will Love This Plant-based Coconut Milk Yogurt
- Creamy texture: This vegan yogurt recipe has a smooth and creamy texture, which is perfect for spreading on toast or mixing into smoothies.
- Versatile: This yogurt is versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes, from dips and dressings to smoothies and baked goods.
- Healthful ingredients: Made with simple, wholesome ingredients like nuts and plant-based milk, this yogurt is a healthier alternative to traditional dairy-based yogurt.
- Customizable: You can customize the flavor of this yogurt by adding your favorite sweeteners or flavors, such as vanilla extract, honey, or fresh fruit.
You can also like: Spicy Vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce
Creamy Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk 13.5 oz
- 2 tbsp of probiotic powder
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the cream into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the probiotic powder and maple syrup, then whisk until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a sterilized glass jar and cover it with a lid.
- Leave the jar at room temperature (about 68-72°F) for 24-48 hours, depending on the desired tanginess of the yogurt.
- The longer it ferments, the tangier the yogurt will become.
- Once it’s ready, place the jar in the refrigerator for a few hours to cool and set.
- Serve with fresh fruit, granola, or use it as a base for dips, dressings, or smoothies.
Pro-tips for making Creamy Coconut Milk Yogurt
- Choose the right type of coconut milk: Opt for full-fat coconut milk that is packaged in a can, as it will result in a creamier and thicker yogurt compared to carton coconut milk.
- Stir in probiotics carefully: Make sure to stir in the probiotic powder gently to avoid killing off the live bacteria.
- Incubate at the right temperature: The incubation temperature should be between 86-104°F to ensure that the probiotics thrive and ferment properly.
- Be patient: Let the yogurt incubate for 24-36 hours to allow it to ferment and develop the right flavor and consistency.
- Experiment with flavorings: Feel free to add in different flavorings such as fruit, vanilla, or sweeteners to create your desired taste.
- Store properly: Store the yogurt in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain its freshness and longevity.
Serving the Creamy Coconut Milk Yogurt
- On its own: This yogurt is perfect for enjoying as a healthy and filling snack on its own. Simply scoop a serving into a bowl and enjoy!
- As a parfait: Layer the yogurt with your favorite fruit, granola, and nuts to create a delicious and nutritious parfait.
- As a topping: Use the yogurt as a topping for your favorite oatmeal, smoothie bowl, or pancakes for an added boost of creaminess and flavor.
- As a dip: Thin the yogurt out with a bit of non-dairy milk to make a delicious dip for fruit, vegetables, or crackers.
- In recipes: Use the yogurt as a base for sauces, dressings, or marinades to add a creamy and tangy flavor to your dishes.
- Can this yogurt recipe be made with a different type of non-dairy milk?
Yes, you can use other non-dairy milks such as almond or oat milk, but the texture and flavor may change slightly.
- How long does this yogurt last in the refrigerator?
This vegan yogurt will last in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days.
- Do I need a yogurt maker to make this recipe?
No, a yogurt maker is not required. You can make this yogurt by simply incubating it in a warm environment such as a turned off oven with the light on.
- Can I add sweeteners to this yogurt?
Yes, you can add sweeteners such as maple syrup or agave to taste.
- Can I use this yogurt as a substitute for dairy yogurt in recipes?
Yes, this vegan yogurt can be used as a substitute for dairy yogurt in many recipes. The texture and flavor may differ slightly, but it can be used in recipes such as smoothies, dips, and dressings.