This vegan chia seed pudding is the perfect plant-based breakfast option for anyone looking to start their day on a healthy and delicious note. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this creamy pudding is not only vegan but also gluten-free and nut-free.
About This Recipe
Key Ingredients: Chia seeds are the star of this recipe and are combined with almond milk, sweetener of your choice, vanilla extract, and mixed berries to create a delicious and nutritious breakfast. The chia seeds absorb the almond milk and form a gel-like consistency, which is what makes the pudding creamy and thick.
Health Benefits: Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, protein, and healthy omega-3 fatty acids, making this pudding a healthy and satisfying breakfast option. Mixed berries add a pop of flavor and color, as well as antioxidants and other nutrients to this already nutritious dish.
Step-by-Step Preparation: In this section, the instructions for preparing the vegan chia seed pudding with mixed berries are described in detail, including tips for making it even more delicious and nutritious. With this recipe, you can enjoy a tasty and wholesome breakfast that is easy to make and perfect for busy mornings.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
Creamy Texture: The chia seeds absorb liquid and expand, creating a creamy pudding texture that’s both satisfying and filling.
Nutritious: Chia seeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein, making this a nutritious breakfast option.
Versatile: The pudding base can be flavored with a variety of sweeteners and spices, and served with fresh or frozen mixed berries.
Convenient: The pudding can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for an easy grab-and-go breakfast.
Sweet and Fruity: The mixed berries add natural sweetness and fresh flavor, making this a delicious and refreshing start to your day.
How to Make Creamy Vegan Chia Seed Pudding with Mixed Berries: A Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: Prepare the Chia Seed Mixture
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon until well combined. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken, then whisk again to break up any clumps.
Step 2: Refrigerate the Chia Seed Pudding
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. The longer it chills, the thicker the pudding will become.
Step 3: Prepare the Mixed Berries
While the chia seed pudding is refrigerating, rinse and drain the mixed berries. If using frozen berries, let them thaw and come to room temperature.
Step 4: Layer the Pudding and Berries
In individual serving glasses, layer the chia seed pudding and mixed berries. Start with a spoonful of pudding, followed by a layer of berries, then another spoonful of pudding, and so on. Repeat until you reach the top of the glass.
Step 5: Top with Optional Ingredients
If desired, top the pudding with shredded coconut, sliced almonds, and fresh mint leaves.
Step 6: Serve and Enjoy!
Serve the creamy vegan chia seed pudding immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve. This pudding is best enjoyed within 24 hours.
Creamy Vegan Chia Seed Pudding with Mixed Berries
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour mixture into two serving glasses or jars.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until the mixture has thickened.
- Once chilled, top each glass or jar with 1/2 cup mixed berries.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Use ripe mixed berries: Ripe mixed berries not only provide a sweet and juicy flavor but also add a pop of color to the dish.
- Soak the chia seeds overnight: This will make the chia seeds plump up and achieve the right consistency for the pudding.
- Experiment with different types of non-dairy milk: Different types of non-dairy milk will provide a different texture and flavor. Try using almond, coconut, or oat milk to see which you prefer.
- Add your favorite sweeteners: If you like a sweeter pudding, add in some maple syrup, agave nectar, or stevia to taste.
- Top with additional berries and nuts: Top the pudding with extra mixed berries and chopped nuts for a delicious crunch and added nutrients.
To serve the Creamy Vegan Chia Seed Pudding with Mixed Berries, follow these steps:
- Scoop the pudding into individual serving bowls or glasses.
- Top the pudding with your desired amount of mixed berries.
- Add a drizzle of maple syrup, agave syrup or your preferred sweetener.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, coconut flakes or any other desired toppings.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
1) Can I use a different type of milk for the pudding?
Yes, you can use any plant-based milk such as almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk.
2) Can I use a different fruit instead of mixed berries?
Yes, you can use any fruit of your choice, such as sliced bananas, sliced peaches, or chopped mango.
3) Can I prepare this pudding in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the pudding in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
4) Can I add sweetener to the pudding?
Yes, you can add sweetener of your choice such as maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar to taste.
5) Is chia seed pudding gluten-free?
Yes, chia seed pudding is naturally gluten-free.