If you’re searching for a vegan soup that is both creamy and delicious, then look no further! This creamy tomato and red pepper soup is the perfect combination of flavors and is sure to become a staple in your home. With its simple ingredients and quick preparation time, this vegan soup is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
About This Recipe
Tomatoes and Red Peppers: A Match Made in Heaven
Tomatoes and red peppers are the stars of this recipe, providing a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. The juicy tomatoes are blended with roasted red peppers, cashews, and spices, creating a velvety smooth soup that is sure to please. This vegan soup is also a great source of vitamin C, making it not only delicious but also nutritious.
Creamy and Delicious Without Dairy
The secret to the creamy texture of this vegan soup is the addition of cashews. When blended, cashews create a rich and creamy texture, eliminating the need for any dairy products. This makes this soup suitable for anyone following a plant-based diet and anyone who is lactose intolerant.
Quick and Easy Preparation
This vegan soup is easy to prepare and ready in under 30 minutes. Simply sauté the veggies, blend the ingredients, and simmer until heated through. Serve this vegan soup with your favorite crusty bread, crackers, or a side salad. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner or a hearty lunch, this creamy tomato and red pepper soup is sure to satisfy.
Why you’ll love this Creamy Vegan Tomato and Red Pepper Soup Recipe
- Creamy texture: The soup is blended until smooth and creamy, making it the perfect comfort food.
- Flavorful: The combination of ripe tomatoes, sweet red peppers, and spices results in a delicious, savory soup.
- Easy to make: This soup is simple to prepare, requiring just a few basic ingredients and a blender or food processor.
- Vegan and plant-based: Made without any animal products, this soup is suitable for those following a vegan or plant-based diet.
- Healthy: Tomatoes and red peppers are both packed with vitamins and nutrients, making this soup a healthy choice.
- Versatile: Serve this soup as a starter or main course, or pair it with crusty bread for a hearty lunch or dinner.
You may also like these soup recipes:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Spicy Tomato-Lentil Soup
- Vegan Tomato and Basil Soup
- Vegan Lentil and Carrot Soup
Creamy Vegan Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- 1 large onion choped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 medium red peppers chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz each)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cup cashews soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, chopped red peppers, and chopped carrots to the saucepan. Cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the canned diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the soaked cashews and blend them in a blender with the lemon juice and 1/2 cup of water until smooth and creamy.
- Once the soup is finished cooking, use an immersion blender or transfer the soup in batches to a blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the cashew cream, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve hot.
Pro Tips for Creamy Vegan Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- Use ripe and juicy tomatoes
To make the soup more flavorful, use ripe and juicy tomatoes. It’s best to use fresh tomatoes, but you can also use canned tomatoes if you don’t have access to fresh ones.
- Adjust the consistency
If you prefer a thicker soup, you can add more cashews. If you prefer a thinner soup, you can add more vegetable broth.
- Roast the red peppers
Roasting the red peppers gives the soup a deeper and smoky flavor. If you don’t have time to roast the red peppers, you can use jarred roasted red peppers instead.
- Season to taste
Don’t be afraid to add salt and pepper to taste. Start with a small amount and add more as needed. You can also add other seasonings like dried basil or thyme if you like.
- Serve with toppings
Serve the soup with your favorite toppings like croutons, shredded vegan cheese, or chopped herbs. This will add an extra layer of flavor and texture to the soup.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs such as basil or cilantro.
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers to dip into the soup.
- Add a dollop of coconut cream or a drizzle of olive oil for extra creaminess and flavor.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes or paprika on top for a bit of heat.
- Pair with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
- Enjoy your delicious and creamy Vegan Tomato and Red Pepper Soup!
- Can this soup be made ahead of time?
Yes, this soup can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, this soup can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat it, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it on the stove.
- Is this soup gluten-free?
Yes, this soup is naturally gluten-free.
- Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes?
Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes, but the cooking time may vary. You may also need to adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Can I use a different type of nut instead of cashews?
Yes, you can use a different type of nut, such as almonds or macadamia nuts, instead of cashews, but the taste of the soup may be slightly different.