Looking for a healthier, plant-based snack option? Look no further than these crispy baked sweet potato fries. Not only are they a delicious alternative to traditional french fries, but they’re also vegan and packed with nutrients from the sweet potatoes.
About this Recipe
The Secret to Perfect Crispy Fries
The secret to getting perfectly crispy fries is baking them in the oven. By using olive oil and a blend of spices, these sweet potato fries get crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Easy and Customizable Recipe
This recipe is easy to follow and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to add more spices or seasonings to make the fries your own.
A Versatile Snack or Side Dish
These sweet potato fries are the perfect snack on their own or as a side dish to accompany your main course. They’re great for lunch, dinner, or even as a midday snack. Whether you’re following a vegan or plant-based diet, or just looking for a healthier snack option, these baked sweet potato fries are sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Healthy: These sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to traditional french fries, as they are baked instead of fried.
- Easy to make: The recipe is simple and easy to follow, with just a few ingredients and minimal prep time.
- Flavorful: The combination of spices, including salt, paprika, and garlic powder, gives the fries a delicious savory flavor.
- Vegan and Plant-Based: This recipe is suitable for those following a vegan or plant-based diet.
- Customizable: Feel free to add other spices or seasonings to suit your taste preferences.
- Perfect for snacking or as a side dish: These fries are great as a snack on their own or as a side dish to accompany your main course.
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into thin fries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potato fries, olive oil, salt, paprika, and garlic powder until the fries are evenly coated.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through, until crispy and golden.
- Serve immediately while still warm. Enjoy!
- Cut the sweet potatoes evenly: Cutting the sweet potatoes into evenly sized fries will ensure they cook evenly and get crispy on all sides.
- Use a high heat: Baking the fries at a high heat of 425°F will help them get crispy.
- Line the baking sheet: Line the baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the fries from sticking and to make cleanup easier.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet: Make sure the fries are in a single layer on the baking sheet to allow for even cooking and maximum crispiness.
- Flip the fries halfway through cooking: Flipping the fries halfway through cooking will ensure they cook evenly and get crispy on both sides.
- Serve immediately: Serve the fries immediately while they are still warm and crispy for the best results.
Can I make these fries gluten-free?
Yes, these fries can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free spices and ensuring that the olive oil you use is also gluten-free.
Can I use other types of oil instead of olive oil?
Yes, you can use other oils such as avocado oil or coconut oil.
How long do these fries last?
These fries are best enjoyed immediately while they are still warm and crispy. If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, they may lose some of their crispiness over time.
Can I add other spices or seasonings to these fries?
Yes, feel free to add other spices or seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Some popular additions include cumin, chili powder, or black pepper.
Can I make these fries in advance?
If you’d like to make the fries in advance, you can prepare the sweet potatoes and mix them with the spices ahead of time. Then, simply bake the fries just before serving for the best results.