This plant-based vegan blueberry oat squares recipe is a must-try for anyone looking to enjoy a healthy and delicious dessert. The combination of fresh blueberries and nutritious oats makes for a perfect treat for those following a vegan or plant-based diet.
About This Vegan Blueberry Oat Squares Recipe
Not only is this dessert vegan and plant-based, but it’s also packed with nutritious ingredients like oats and blueberries. This means that you can enjoy this delicious treat without feeling guilty, as it’s also good for you.
Easy to Make
This blueberry oat squares recipe is also incredibly easy to make, making it a perfect option for busy weeknights or for when you’re craving something sweet. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a bit of time to make these delicious squares.
Perfect for Any Occasion
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, looking for a sweet snack, or simply want to treat yourself, these plant-based vegan blueberry oat squares are the perfect choice. They’re not only delicious, but they’re also healthy, making them an ideal option for anyone looking to enjoy a sweet treat while still maintaining a healthy diet.
Why You Should Make this Vegan Blueberry Oat Squares
- It is vegan and plant-based, making it suitable for individuals following a meat-free or animal-product-free diet.
- The blueberries provide a sweet and juicy flavor, while the oats crust adds a crunchy texture.
- The recipe is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients, most of which you may already have on hand.
- The squares can be enjoyed as a healthy and satisfying snack, dessert, or even breakfast.
- This vegan blueberry oat squares recipe is a perfect way to use up ripe or overripe blueberries and turn them into a delicious treat.
- You can customize the recipe to suit your taste preferences by using different berries or adding a drizzle of melted chocolate on top.
You will also love: Vegan Chocolate Chia Pudding
Plant-based Vegan Blueberry Oat Squares Recipe
- 1 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into squares and serving.
Here are some pro-tips for making the perfect Plant-based Vegan Blueberry Oat Squares:
- Use ripe blueberries: Make sure to use ripe, juicy blueberries as they will add more flavor to the squares.
- Experiment with sweeteners: If you prefer a sweeter dessert, try adding more sweetener, or try using a different type of sweetener such as agave or maple syrup.
- Make it gluten-free: To make this recipe gluten-free, simply substitute the regular oats with gluten-free oats.
- Store properly: Store the squares in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serve with toppings: Serve the squares with your favorite vegan ice cream or yogurt for a delicious dessert.
- Mix and match ingredients: You can also try adding different ingredients such as chopped nuts, coconut shreds, or dried fruits to the mixture to add texture and flavor.
To serve this Plant-based Vegan Blueberry Oat Squares, you can follow these steps:
- Let the squares cool completely before slicing: Once the squares are done baking, let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the squares cool completely.
- Slice and Serve: Once the squares are cool, use a sharp knife to cut them into squares or bars. Serve the Vegan Blueberry Oat Squares as a snack or dessert. You can also top them with a dollop of coconut cream or non-dairy yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh blueberries for a more elevated presentation.
- Store leftovers: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the squares for up to 2 months and thaw them in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones?
A. Yes, you can use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones. However, keep in mind that frozen blueberries may release more juice during the cooking process and make the squares a bit more moist.
- Is it possible to use a different type of binder instead of cornstarch?
A. Yes, you can use arrowroot powder or potato starch as a substitute for cornstarch. Both of these options work as a thickener and are often used in vegan baking as an alternative to cornstarch.
- Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
A. Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free oats and a gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- How can I store these Vegan Blueberry Oat Squares?
A. These squares can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4–5 days. To reheat, simply pop a square in the microwave for a few seconds until warm.