The Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl is a nutritious, plant-based meal that is perfect for anyone looking for a healthy and satisfying lunch or dinner. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions.
About This Repice
Roasting Vegetables for Maximum Flavor
This recipe calls for a variety of vegetables to be roasted to perfection, which brings out their natural sweetness and enhances their flavors. The combination of the tender roasted vegetables and the nutty, chewy quinoa creates a delicious and satisfying bowl.
A Quick and Easy Recipe
Not only is this recipe packed with flavor, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. The preparation time is only 15 minutes, and the cook time is 25 minutes, making it a great option for busy weeknights. This recipe serves 4 and is low in calories, making it a great option for those looking to eat healthy without sacrificing taste.
How to Make Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
I. Preparing the Oven and Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
II. Prepping the Vegetables
- Wash and chop the mixed vegetables into bite-sized pieces
III. Roasting the Vegetables
- Spread the chopped vegetables on the prepared baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and slightly charred.
IV. Assembling the Quinoa Bowl
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, and lemon vinaigrette
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired
V. Serving and Enjoying
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here are some important tips to keep in mind while preparing the Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl:
Vegetable Selection: When selecting vegetables, choose seasonal and ripe produce for the best flavor. You can use any type of vegetables you like, but make sure to chop them into uniform pieces so they cook evenly.
Quinoa: Rinse the quinoa thoroughly before cooking to remove any bitterness. Use vegetable broth instead of water to add more flavor to the dish.
Roasting Vegetables: Toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and black pepper before roasting to ensure they are flavorful and crispy. Don’t overcrowd the pan or the vegetables will steam instead of roast.
Seasoning: Feel free to add your favorite herbs and spices to the quinoa and roasted vegetables for extra flavor. A sprinkle of lemon juice or vinegar before serving will add a burst of freshness to the dish.
How to Serve Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl?
The Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl can be served in a variety of ways. Here are a few suggestions:
In a bowl: Simply arrange the roasted vegetables and quinoa in a serving bowl and drizzle with dressing or sauce of your choice.
On a plate: Serve the roasted vegetables and quinoa on a plate, topped with a dollop of hummus, avocado, or a sauce of your choice.
As a salad: Mix the roasted vegetables, quinoa, and dressing or sauce in a large bowl and serve as a salad.
In a wrap: Roll the roasted vegetables, quinoa, and sauce in a wrap for a delicious and portable meal.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups mixed vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and cherry tomatoes), roasted
- ¼ cup lemon vinaigrette made with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and chop the mixed vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Spread the chopped vegetables on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and slightly charred.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, and lemon vinaigrette.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Can I use different vegetables in this recipe?
Yes, you can use any vegetables of your choice in this recipe. Some popular options include sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and zucchini.
Can I use brown rice instead of quinoa?
Yes, brown rice can be substituted for quinoa in this recipe.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the roasted vegetables and quinoa in advance, then reheat the ingredients and assemble the bowls when ready to serve.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten-free.
Is this recipe suitable for meal prep?
Yes, this recipe is a great option for meal prep as it can be easily made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.