This recipe for Spicy Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Fries is the perfect solution if you’re searching for a filling and delicious vegan snack. Made with only a few simple ingredients, these fries are the perfect combination of spicy and sweet. Whether you are a seasoned vegan or just starting to explore plant-based options, these fries are sure to be a hit.
Spicy Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Fries: A Perfect Plant-Based Snack
Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a nutritional powerhouse, packed with vitamins and minerals. They are a good source of fiber, antioxidants, and complex carbohydrates, making them a great option for a snack or a side dish. When baked, sweet potatoes become tender and slightly crispy, making them the perfect vessel for spices and seasonings.
The Perfect Spicy Touch
In this recipe, the sweet potatoes are tossed in a mixture of spices including paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder to add a delicious spicy kick. The result is a snack that is not only healthy, but also satisfying and flavorful. Whether you are looking for a quick snack to hold you over between meals or a delicious side dish to accompany your dinner, these spicy vegan sweet potato fries are sure to do the trick.
Baked to Perfection
The best part about these Spicy Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Fries is that they are baked, not fried. This means that they are healthier and have fewer calories than traditional french fries. Baking also helps to lock in the flavors and spices, making each bite just as delicious as the last. So why wait? Try this easy and delicious recipe for Spicy Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Fries today!
Why you’ll love this Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Baked, not fried, for a healthier alternative.
- Perfectly seasoned with spices for a delicious flavor.
- Can be served as a snack or side dish.
You will also love: Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced into thin fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced sweet potatoes, olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and salt until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the sweet potato fries onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through, until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve hot as a snack or side dish.
Pro Tips for Making Spicy Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Choose the Right Sweet Potatoes: For the best texture, select sweet potatoes that are firm, unblemished, and free from any soft spots.
- Cut Evenly: To ensure that the fries cook evenly, be sure to cut them into uniform pieces. Use a sharp knife or mandoline to achieve consistent slices.
- Season Properly: Experiment with different seasonings to find the perfect blend for your taste buds. Add a pinch of salt and pepper before baking, or try a blend of spices like chili powder, paprika, and cumin.
- Watch the Cooking Time: Sweet potatoes can go from perfectly crispy to burnt quickly, so be sure to keep an eye on them while they’re baking. To avoid over browning, remove the fries from the oven once they’ve achieved a nice golden color.
Serving Suggestions for Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Serve these spicy vegan baked sweet potato fries as a snack or side dish with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Pair these fries with a vegan burger or sandwich for a filling meal.
- Serve these fries with a fresh green salad for a balanced and healthy meal.
- Top these fries with your favorite vegan cheese, hot sauce, or herbs for extra flavor.
- Enjoy these fries as a game-day snack or party food.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about the Spicy Vegan Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe:
- Can I use other types of potatoes instead of sweet potatoes?
Yes, you can use other types of potatoes like regular potatoes, russet potatoes or even yams.
- Is it necessary to peel the sweet potatoes before cutting them into fries?
No, it’s not necessary to peel the sweet potatoes before cutting them into fries. The skin is edible and adds some extra fiber to the dish.
- Can I make these fries ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the fries ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat them in the oven before serving.
- Can I make these fries without the spicy seasoning?
Yes, you can make the fries without the spicy seasoning and just season them with salt, pepper and some herbs of your choice.
- Are these fries suitable for people with gluten intolerance?
Yes, these fries are naturally gluten-free and suitable for people with gluten intolerance.