Are you a chocolate lover looking for a vegan-friendly dessert option? Then this Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cake is just what you need! This plant-based cake is rich, chocolaty, and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also a healthier alternative to traditional cakes.
About This Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
The Magic of Hazelnuts
Hazelnuts, also known as filberts, add a delicious crunch to this cake. They are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats that contribute to the overall health benefits of this dessert. Hazelnuts and chocolate have a natural affinity for each other, and the combination creates an irresistible flavor.
A Decadent Vegan Alternative
This Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cake recipe uses ingredients such as almond milk, coconut oil, and applesauce instead of traditional dairy and eggs. These ingredients create a cake that is not only delicious, but also vegan-friendly. So whether you’re looking for a sweet treat or want to impress guests with a plant-based dessert, this cake is the perfect choice.
Treat Yourself to a Slice of Heaven
It’s time to treat yourself to a slice of heaven! This Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cake is a decadent and wholesome dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. So go ahead and preheat your oven, gather your ingredients, and get ready to indulge in a delicious and guilt-free treat.
Why You Will Love This Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Vegan and Plant-Based: This cake is made with ingredients that are suitable for those who follow a vegan or plant-based diet, so you can indulge in a sweet treat without any guilt.
- Rich and Decadent: Made with chocolate and hazelnut, this cake is both rich and decadent. The chocolate is intense, and the hazelnuts add a nutty flavor that makes each bite even more delicious.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, so even if you’re not an experienced baker, you can still make this cake with confidence.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, celebrating a special occasion, or simply want to enjoy a sweet treat, this cake is perfect for any occasion.
- A Healthy Alternative: With wholesome ingredients like almond flour, almond milk, and coconut sugar, this cake is a healthier alternative to traditional cakes made with refined sugar and flour.
You will also love: Plant-based Vegan Blueberry Oat Squares
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hazelnut spread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan with oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top.
- Spoon spoonfuls of the hazelnut spread on top of the cake batter and swirl it in with a knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove it from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use high-quality cocoa powder: The quality of the cocoa powder you use will greatly impact the taste and texture of your cake. Choose a high-quality, unsweetened cocoa powder for best results.
- Hazelnut butter: Make sure to use hazelnut butter, not hazelnut spread. Hazelnut spread contains added sugar and other ingredients that can affect the texture and flavor of the cake.
- Room temperature ingredients: Ensure that all ingredients are at room temperature before starting. Room temperature ingredients will mix together more easily and result in a smoother batter.
- Don’t over-mix the batter: Over-mixing the batter can lead to a dense, tough cake. Mix the batter just until the ingredients are combined, then stop.
- Decoration: You can decorate the cake with chocolate shavings or chopped hazelnuts. Adding fresh fruit such as raspberries or strawberries can also be a delicious addition.
Serving Tips for Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
There are a variety of ways you can serve your Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cake to make it even more delicious and special. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Dust it with powdered sugar: Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the cake for a touch of sweetness and a visually appealing finish.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream: Top the cake with a dollop of whipped cream for a creamy texture and extra richness.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream: Serve a slice of the cake with a scoop of your favorite vegan ice cream for a delicious and indulgent dessert.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce: For a chocolate lover’s dream, drizzle some chocolate sauce over the top of the cake or serve it on the side.
- Can I use a different type of nut butter instead of hazelnut butter?
Yes, you can use almond or peanut butter instead of hazelnut butter, but it will affect the taste of the cake.
- Can I use a different type of sweetener instead of maple syrup?
Yes, you can use agave nectar or coconut sugar instead of maple syrup, but the consistency of the cake may be influenced.
- Can I make this cake gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- How can I store the cake? You can store the cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Let the cake cool completely, then wrap it in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.