This vegan margherita pizza takes the classic dish to a whole new level, replacing traditional mozzarella cheese with a creamy cashew-based alternative.
About Margherita Pizza with Cashew Mozzarella
Perfect for Plant-Based Diets
Whether you follow a vegan or plant-based diet, this margherita pizza is a delicious and guilt-free option that you can enjoy without any compromise on flavor.
Simple Ingredients, Maximum Flavor
The recipe uses simple ingredients, including fresh tomatoes, basil, and cashews, to create a delicious and healthy pizza that is bursting with flavor.
A Healthy and Satisfying Meal
With its fresh and flavorful ingredients, this vegan margherita pizza is not only delicious, but also provides a healthy and satisfying meal that will leave you feeling full and energized.
Why You Will Love This Vegan Margherita Pizza
- Perfectly crispy crust: This pizza crust is made with a combination of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour, resulting in a crispy texture that is perfect for holding all your favorite toppings.
- Flavorful and fresh toppings: This pizza is topped with marinara sauce, fresh vegetables, and flavorful herbs, giving it a taste that is both fresh and satisfying.
- Easy to make: This pizza dough is easy to prepare and requires just a few simple ingredients. And with a pre-made pizza crust, you can have a delicious pizza on the table in no time!
- Customizable: This pizza is completely customizable, so you can add or remove toppings to suit your personal taste preferences.
- Perfect for a quick and satisfying meal: This pizza is perfect for a quick and satisfying meal any night of the week. Serve it with a simple side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
You will also like: Creamy Vegan Pasta with Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
Vegan Margherita Pizza with Cashew Mozzarella
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium-sized ripe tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup cashew mozzarella recipe below
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
For the cashew mozzarella
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a food processor or blender, blend the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pizza dough, olive oil, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- Roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle on a floured surface.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Layer the sliced tomatoes over the sauce.
- Spoon the cashew mozzarella over the tomatoes.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish the pizza with fresh basil leaves and serve hot.
Pro Tips for Making Vegan Margherita Pizza with Cashew Mozzarella
- Use Ripe Tomatoes: Using ripe and juicy tomatoes for the pizza sauce is key to getting the perfect flavor and texture for your Margherita Pizza.
- Prepare the Dough in Advance: Making the dough in advance allows it to ferment and develop flavor, which makes it tastier and easier to handle.
- Roll Out the Dough Thinly: Rolling out the dough thinly will ensure that it cooks evenly and develops a crispy crust.
- Bake on a Pizza Stone: Baking the pizza on a pizza stone will help to achieve a crispy crust, as the stone conducts heat evenly and helps to retain the heat.
- Get Creative with Toppings: Feel free to get creative with the toppings for your Margherita Pizza. Add your favorite vegetables, herbs, or even some vegan meat alternatives for a personalized touch.
- Experiment with Cashew Mozzarella: The cashew mozzarella is versatile and can be flavored in a variety of ways, so feel free to experiment and add your favorite seasonings to it.
Serving Vegan Margherita Pizza with Cashew Mozzarella
- Fresh Out of the Oven: Enjoy the pizza fresh out of the oven while it’s still hot and crispy.
- With a Side Salad: Serve the pizza with a side salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber.
- As a Party Snack: Cut the pizza into small squares and serve as a snack at your next party.
- With Wine: Pair the pizza with a glass of red wine for a complete dining experience.
- What is cashew mozzarella, and how is it made?
Cashew mozzarella is a vegan cheese alternative made from cashews, water, and other ingredients such as nutritional yeast and lemon juice. It is made by blending the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth, then either heating or refrigerating to solidify.
- Can I use another type of cheese instead of cashew mozzarella?
Yes, you can use any type of vegan cheese that you prefer. Some popular options include soy-based mozzarella or vegan parmesan.
- Can I use a store-bought pizza crust instead of making my own?
Yes, you can use a store-bought pizza crust to save time. Just make sure to choose a vegan crust or check the ingredient list to ensure that it is plant-based.
- Can I add additional toppings to this vegan margherita pizza?
Yes, you can add any toppings that you like to this pizza. Some popular options include vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions, or plant-based meats like vegan sausage or vegan pepperoni.
- Can I make this pizza gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this pizza gluten-free by using a gluten-free pizza crust. Just make sure to double-check the ingredients list to ensure that it is both vegan and gluten-free.